StuffUSell Limited trading as ReThread and StuffUSell ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://sellforme.stuffusell.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is StuffUSell Limited of 8 Commercial Way, Abbey Road, LONDON, NW10 7XF.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://sellforme.stuffusell.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. You will also give us information about you if you buy products from us on marketplaces such as eBay. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, such as where you buy goods from us via eBay or any other marketplace. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to offer you site content about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to contact you and/or provide you with with updates by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services we are providing you including services which are the subject of an offer for sale or sale or negotiations of a sale to you. We will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to contact you by electronic means (including email or SMS) in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions and inform you about our services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by those means and if you have consented to such contact;
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers if you have consented to receiving these udpates and offers.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to provide our services to you;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (Group Companies).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- eBay Europe S.a.r.l , 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg and its Group Companies ("eBay") in connection with or relating to the services we provide you for the possible sale and/or sale on a website of eBay.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If StuffUSell Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation in any contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of StuffUSell Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- This policy last updated 18th October 2022